Be A Storm Mentor (Junior Coach)
Mentor Registration for the 2021-2022 Season is in Progress.
All Returning & New Mentors
Must Complete a Mentor Registration Form
Submit an ASHA Junior Coach Registration Email Receipt
to John McCormick, firstname.lastname@example.org
We invite hockey players who are 14 years and older to be a Mentor for the Southern Connecticut Storm Special Hockey Team. As a Mentor, you will assist the coaching staff in instructing our players how to skate and play hockey. The Storm players are ages five to young adult who have developmental disabilities. As a Storm Mentor you will have the opportunity to teach a child to skate, introduce hockey skills, make an impact on a player by being a role model and a friend as well as an Ambassador for the Storm Hockey program.
As a Mentor, we expect you to attend 50% of Storm practices during our season that is from October through March (usually a total of 26 sessions). Practice will be held at the Wonderland of Ice Rink, 123 Glenwood Avenue, Bridgeport, CT on Sunday afternoons usually from 3:30 to 4:30.
To become a Mentor:
1. Email the Mentor Coach to confirm your interest -
2. Complete and return via email - Mentor Registration form located on the Document section of this web site. (https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.leagueathletics.com/Text/Documents/3718/101303.pdf)
3. Register with ASHA at https://specialhockey.sportngin.com/register/form/632201165. Select Southern Connecticut Storm as your team and register as a Jr. Coach.
4. Forward the ASHA “Coach/Volunteer Registration Receipt” email to
5. Attend a New Mentor Orientation Meeting (via Zoom) - Sun, 9/26, 1-2 PM, OR Thurs, 9/30, 7-8 PM
1st Practice – Sunday, October 3, 3:30. You must complete the steps above and receive confirmation from the Mentor Coach to attend practice.
For further information, contact: